Saturday, April 22, 2017

More from London City!

Yesterday I traveled from London City airport to Rotterdam The Hague (EHRD, Netherlands of course). Again it was a British Airways/ BA Cityflyer flight, this time in an Embraer ERJ-170-100STD, G-LCYE. This is a cool little aircraft, and certainly the smallest turbofan aircraft I've ever flown in.

While waiting for the flight I got a number of photos, including a Dassault Falcon 8X, F-WWQA. This aircraft is the first every 8X built, is owned by the manufacturer and was here on a test flight [I'm guessing to certify for steep approaches?]. The first I saw of it, it was overshooting, followed by a landing a few minutes later. Nice!

Dassault Aviation Falcon 8X, F-WWQA, operated by Dassault Aviation

Dassault Aviation Falcon 8X, F-WWQA, operated by Dassault Aviation
Next up is a Bombardier DHC-8-402, LX-LGF, which is operated by Luxair.

Bombardier DHC-8-402, LX-LGF, operated by Luxair
A type I am very unfamiliar with, and an airline I had not seen before is up next. This is a Donier 328-100, HB-AEO. This is operated by SkyWork Aviation. I have seen a Dornier 328 once before, in 2009 in Salzburg, Austria.

Dornier 328-100, HB-AEO, operated by Skywork Aviation
Cityjet is operating this British Aerospace Avro 146-RJ85, EI-RJI, which is operated by Cityjet.

British Aerospace Avro 146-RJ85, EI-RJI, operated by Cityjet
Last up is my ride to Rotterdam, a Bristi Airways/ BA Cityflyer Embraer ERJ-170-100STD, G-LCYE. These are an awesome looking small jet, and reasonably comfortable [although reasonably cramped] for the 45 minute flight.

Embraer ERJ-170-100STD, G-LCYE, operated by British Airways/ BA Cityflyer

No comments: