Thursday, January 26, 2017

Piper PA18A-150 Super Cub flying

Last weekend I got to use that shiny new PA18 rating and go flying in Piper PA18A-150 Super Cub, ZK-BKN. Fun times! The flight consisted of circuits [you can never do too many...!] and some local flying over Whanganui.

This video is a cut of some of that flying, starting with a couple of circuits, then the view from Aramoho [northern end of Whanganui] back down the river towards the airfield and finally another landing.



I won't claim the flying was perfect, but it was a lot of fun! During the last landing, the windsocks were gently pointing at each other, so there was a small tailwind all the way in. I was also a little high. Having said that, runway 14 was still [by far] the best runway to use at the time.

Lastly, I realise that I do need to find a better place to put the camera. There's a whole lot of dashboard in this video :-(

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice landings. You could almost get out and walk beside the plane they were so slow. Next will be 3 point landings.

Rodney said...

Ha ha, yeah, it is slow! I like slow, it give me more time to think!

I did a couple of 3 pointers that day, but they didn't make the cut for this video. I need to get a couple more mounts, so I can put the camera up on angles that give a much better view.

Cheers!