Saturday, December 17, 2016

Eastbourne Arrival via Mount Matthews

This is an accidental video which very nearly didn't happen!

I was flying the Aero Club's Cessna C172N, ZK-FLT. I didn't take my suction mount with me, and the aircraft had no solid place on the dashboard to mount the GoPro which would also hold the Blutack to hold the whole thing steady...

Anyway, after a trip to Paraparaumu and then to the Southern Wairarapa, I decided to see if I could just make it work. It sorta did work, although it's not great. Rather wobble and some weird artefact at around 21 seconds...

The video itself is of the return the Wellington. The flight starts be going past Mount Matthews on the Rimutaka Range, then on to the Eastbourne Arrival procedure to Wellington. Don't look too hard at the landing... it was a wee bit rubbish!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You should'nt be so hard on yourself, I loved it. Especially in Fast Forwarding. Have to show me how you do that

Rodney said...

Thanks Rob! We should catch up some time. Share old and new war stories. Make up a few lies etc etc :-)