Monday, July 11, 2016

Dreamliners at Auckland

Last Sunday I only had a brief time for plane spotting, so I went to my usual location of the top story of the business car park, which is located just across the road from the domestic terminal.

While there, I did get to see three Boeing 787 Dreamliners - two arrivals and one departure. They are great looking aircraft and having flown three longhaul sectors in them, very comfortable to ride in [OK, I was in business, not cattle class, but still!].

Anyway, here are the photos. First up is the arrival of a beautifully painted China Southern Airlines B787-8, B-2725. I can attest to the fact that business class in these is a very comfortable ride :-)

Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner, B-2725, operated by China Southern Airlines
Next up is a LATAM Airlines [Formerly LAN Airlines] B787-9, CC-BGF, which landed shortly after the China Southern aircraft. The -9 version of course is the stretched version of the Dreamliner

Boeing 787-9, CC-BGF, operated by LATAM Airlines
Last up we have two pictures of an Air New Zealand operated B787-9, ZK-NZC. This is also a -9 version of the Dreamliner.

Boeing 787-9, ZK-NZC, operated by Air NZ

Boeing 787-9, ZK-NZC, operated by Air NZ

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty sure LATAM 787 CC-BGF is a -9, not an -8. Nice photos though.

Rodney said...

Thank you! I didn't look at the clear info I had properly :-( That's corrected now.

Anonymous said...

It was awesome seeing the Air New Zealand Boeing 787-9 ZK-NZE at Wellington a couple of weeks ago.
They are an amazing aircraft