Monday, December 28, 2015

To the Tron* and back, where Eagles go to die [or at least be exported]

Last few days I have been in the quaint* village of Cambridge, relaxing with relatives. Fun times! I flew up and back with Air Nelson with nice comfortable rides in both directions.

Hamilton is the maintenance base for Eagle Airways [another part of the Air NZ group], although perhaps not for long as the Raytheon B1900D's are slowly being withdrawn and exported and Eagle Aiways shut down. On the way and while I was in Hamilton, I got a few pictures of current and withdrawn B1900's.

First up is ZK-EAG, taken at Wellington, taxying out for another flight.

Raytheon B1900D, ZK-EAG, operated by Eagle Airways/ Air NZ
 Next up is ZK-EAB, getting ready to leave from Hamilton to Auckland. This is a route which will be abandoned when Eagle Airways is closed down later this year.

Raytheon B1900D, ZK-EAB, operated by Eagle Airways/ Air NZ
Last up are a couple of withdrawn B1900's, ZK-EAR and ZK-EAJ, which are parked up with the Air NZ livery [mostly] removed. I presume these are being readied for export. There was a third B1900D over there, but I didn't photograph it for some reason... from the heat haze, you can see it was another hot day in the Tron!

Raytheon B1900D, ZK-EAR & ZK-EAJ, operated by Eagle Airways/ Air NZ

Last up is my ride home. This an a Bombardier DHC-8-311, ZK-NEQ, operated by Air Nelson/ Air NZ.

Bombardier DHC-8-311, ZK-NEQ, operated by Air Nelson/ Air NZ

* the Tron. I'm not explaining. You either know this one or you don't!
* quaint: I'm not explaining this either, except that it's an inside joke :-)

No comments: