Friday, August 07, 2015

Dunedin to Wellington... the camera photos and videos

Further to my last post, I took a number of photos and videos on my phone camera. It is allowed since we were on an Air New Zealand operated Airbus A320 [ZK-OXG], although I'm still not convinced of the wisdom of allowing people to play with gadgets when they should be paying attention... oh well, little worse than books I suppose...?

First up are the pictures, and then the videos.

Pictures were all taken within the aircraft, and yes, it had been raining...

Winglet of Airbus A320-232, ZK-OXG. Pretty obvious it's Air New Zealand
This ATR72 arrived while we waitied to depart. Dunedin is perhaps a busy little airport at times. In the hour or so I was there, including my flight, arrivals were 3 x A320, 1 x ATR72 and departures were 1 x B737, 2 x A320, 1 x DHC8.
ATR-GIE ATR72-600, ZK-MVG, operated by Mount Cook Airline/ Air NZ

Lining up on the runway.

Wing and winglet in cloud just after takeoff

Out of the cloud a short time later. Much nicer.

Ok, now for the videos! The first one is the takeoff from Dunedin and into the clouds.



Next up is video of us cruising what appears to be just above the cloud. It's probably higher above than I was thinking, but still...


Lastly, this is the nigh-time approach into Wellington. It takes a few seconds to get to the city lights, but I think it's worth the wait... ok, the video is a bit shaky, but it's ok for hand-held, night time, and me being somewhat inexperienced at this stuff!

No comments: