Friday, April 24, 2015

Night VFR cross country check completed and Kai's first night flight!

Last night was a big night with my long awaited night VFR* cross country flight check being completed!

This now qualifies me to fly more than 25nm away from the departure aerodrome at night - not that I would want to do a lot of this, but the navigation and other skills will be useful and it's a useful backup should I need it one day!

For the flight itself, we departed Wellington [NZWN], flew over Paraparaumu [NZPP] then on to Palmerston North [NZPM]. After a couple of circuits at NZPM, we flew back via the reverse route.

There are no photos from the flight [I was otherwise occupied!], but I do have some photos and a video from other flights... including a video from Kai's first night VFR flight [thanks for taking me!]. All of these were taken from within the Club's Cessna 172S, ZK-CEO - an awesome machine!

Before takeoff - the main terminal complex at Wellington Airport

Cessna 172S, ZK-CEO, instrument panel

The approach into Wellington from the south [onto runway 34]


* VFR - Visual Flight Rules

No comments: