Tuesday, August 12, 2014

London Heathrow #1

Two days ago I transited through London Heathrow [ICAO code: EGLL] airport - a memorable experience as it turned out!

I had never transited through Heathrow before. It is a huge airport, and I knew I had to go through immigration and transfer from terminal 5 to terminal 1. I had 3 hours to do it.

Turns out it was very very easy! On arrival, I asked and was directed to the terminal transfer bus. This resulted in a 17/ 18 minute ride around airside to get to terminal 1 - a free airside tour thrown in :-) Nice. Immigration was done in terminal 1 and it didn't take long before I was in the very familiar surroundings of the terminal 1 departure area.

I was heading to Dublin, and so after a feed, a walk around and a few photos, I headed to the departure gates - waiting at gate 8 initially, before being directed to gate 78 - a long walk, although probably only 5 minutes.

Anyway, here are a few photos from the main terminal 1 area - from behind the Giraffe food outlet. Top to bottom we have:

Boeing 787-8, N961AM, of AeroMexico
Boeing 737-8K2, PH-BXA, of KLM in an historic livery
Boeing 777-368/ER, HZ-AK13, of Saudi Arabian
Boeing 777-336ER, G-STBK, of British Airways
Airbus A380-841, 9M-MND [as best I can tell], of Malaysia Airlines






1 comment:

Englishmark said...

The Saudi B777 is HZ-AK13.