Sunday, May 11, 2014

The night rating commences...

... ok, so it really started with a flight last year, but this is my first night flight of 2014. It was just a session of circuits in the Club's Cessna 172N, ZK-FLT. It was well after ECT [Evening Civil Twilight], but there was plenty of light around. I was kept on my toes with having to hold for other arrivals and departures as well as a fairly steady crosswind - about 20 degs right of centreline and 10-15 knots. Crunch, bounce and shimmy might be a reasonable description of many of my landings tonight!

From what I understand, the next session will consist of various system failures in the circuit [that should be fun!], maybe a bit of work out of the circuit then I'll probably be off on my first solo.

Here's hoping for good weather next Sunday evening!

2 comments:

ZK-JPY said...

How did the headset go? ANR is a wonderful thing!

Rodney said...

Gidday mate. yeah, the ANR was fantastic. Nothing irritating or annoying about it at all, except that I will have to remember to adjust the intercom a little - intercom sounded a lot louder than I was expecting, but no worries with the ANR.

Big smile all round :-)