Saturday, May 10, 2014

Headsets, lighting and aeroplanes

Despite the rather gloomy look, cold breeze and occasional spits of rain, today was a good day for flying. Several of the Aero Club aircraft went flying which is great to see as a grey sky seems to put some people off for some reason...

I didn't get to go flying myself, although I am preparing for the night flying training tomorrow night - here's hoping for good weather! I have got myself prepared with a couple of torches [one of the head-mounted for the ultimate in convenience] and the arrival of a Lightspeed 30 3G ANR headset. Tis was purchased off Trademe during the week [for overseas readers, it's roughly a local equivalent to EBay] I've had a bit of a play with it, but nothing in a plane so far - another reason to try and go flying tomorrow night I guess!

It is amazing the difference it makes even just sitting on the ground - turn on the ANR [Active Noise Reduction] and the background noise just fades away to nothing. Silence, wonderful silence! I know it won't be that quiet in the aircraft, but it will make a huge difference.

Anyway, for today I have two photos. The first is an Aero Club operated Piper PA28-161, ZK-MBG, which is undergoing a repaint and other maintenance. The second is a Piper PA38-112, ZK-EYJ, operated by Canterbury Aero Club in Christchurch.



1 comment:

Jhon said...

Its a very interesting article.Love to read it very much.When i was child i was dreaming to fly like a child.