Thursday, September 13, 2012

London City airport

A few days ago I arrived at London City airport [ICAO code: EGLC] for my flight to Edinburgh. I was looking forward to this, as the airport has a reputation for steep takeoffs and landings and a good view of London city :-)

My flight was on BA CityFlyer, on an Embraer E170, similar to the one pictured below. After takeoff [and yes, it felt really steep!], we had awesome views of London itself - along the Thames, the London Eye, all of the "central' city and much of the suburbs as well. I reckon the 60 pounds I paid for the flight would have been worth it just for the scenic flight over the city! Unfortunately, my camera was in the overhead locker, so no photos of this. The inflight service was good also - a choice of breakfasts and something to drink, then a smooth flight to Edinburgh. The arrival into Edinburgh was very nice. As soon as we got below the cloud, we flew along the harbour with great views over the entire city. Nice!

Anyway, here are a couple of photos from the airport:

British Aerospace Avro RJ-85, EI-RJG, registered to Cityjet. Note the runway just in the background.
Embraer E170-100STD, G-LCYI, registered to BA CityFlyer



No comments: