Saturday, November 19, 2011

Visit to Auckland, Ardmore

For the second weekend in a row I am up in Auckland, this time for the whole weekend. This brief getaway was planned for some time, as a time to get out of town and to catch up with some friends.

After flying up on Air NZ then collecting a rental car, I headed out to Auckland Aero Club at Ardmore airfield. Ardmore is where I learnt to fly back in 1998/ 1999 and I was Club Captain for 3 years before leaving for Wellington.

I'm planning on heading back there tomorrow afternoon, where I have a flight booked in the Clubs Cessna 162 Skycatcher, ZK-AAC. here's hoping that the weather plays nicely :-)

Anyway, just a few photos from Ardmore,the next post will have some from Auckland. Enjoy! Top to bottom are:

Extra EA 300/L, ZK-XRA, registered to X Flight Ltd
Cessna 162 Skycatcher, ZK-AAC, registered to Auckland Aero Club
Bell 206L, ZK-ICV, registered to Workstore NZ Ltd




No comments: