Thursday, December 30, 2010

"Highest Duty"/ Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger

One of my Christmas gifts [another was a cookbook!] was Highest Duty, My search for what really matters, a book written by Chesley "Sully" Sullenburger of Cactus 1549/ US Airways A320 into the Hudson River fame.

I was expecting to get Sully's viewpoint of the ditching and the book contained that, but in a sense that was only a small part of the book. This is more an autobiography of one persons life growing up in Texas, through to his military and civilian flying, then after the event. The book covers a lot of his family life and is a very interesting insight into his "make up". It is an awesome read and I think it will appeal to non-aviation types almost as much aviation types like myself.

The book should be available on line and from any decent bookstore. Go buy it and read it! I know you'll be impressed.

No comments: