Sunday, May 02, 2010

Invasion of Auckland Aero Club aircraft!

After thinking it was going to be a quiet day for visitors, there was a pleasant surprise in store as three aircraft from Auckland Aero Club turned up.

The first was Partenavia P68C, ZK-SMB. This aircraft was flown by "Captain Jase" and one of his students. The second was Cessna 172N, ZK-JAZ. The last was another Cessna, C172SP ZK-JRA.

The occupants of these aircraft were originally going to visit Queenstown, but when that didn't work out, it was a trip to various places at the top of the South Island, such as Karamea, Omaka, Nelson and the like.

I was especially pleased to see these aircraft as I flew from Auckland Aero Club for several years, including a 3 year period where I was Club Captain. I have flown ZK-JAZ and ZK-JRA myself - in fact I first flew ZK-JRA when it was brand spanking new with around 30 hours on the clock.

First picture is of Captain Jase and his student, followed by the Partenavia then the Cessnas.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rodney, did you see General James Cartwright's C-37A Gulfstream V (U.S.A.F 90402) on Thursday?

Rodney said...

No, I missed it. Any good pictures?

Anonymous said...

I got one photo but it was from a cel phone so not very high res. How can i send it to you?

Rodney said...

Take a nosey at the bottom of the page :-) Cheers!