Sunday, November 08, 2009

Saturday's aircraft

Here are the pictures I took yesterday from the Aero Club of various regular and visiting aircraft to Wellington.

Of particular interest to me is a Piper PA31 ZK-VIP, registered to Air West Coast Ltd. I have seen this aircraft several times in the past, although last time it looked extremely tired. Amazing what a flash new paint job will do!

Top to bottom these aircraft are:

Piper PA31, ZK-VIP, Air West Coast Ltd
Cessna C172N, ZK-EFF, Motueka Aero Club
Partenavia P68C, ZK-MIR, Canterbury Aero Club
Diamond DA20-C1, ZK-SFI, CTC Aviation Training Ltd
Cessna C172S, ZK-WKT, CTC Aviation Training Ltd
Nanchang CJ6, ZK-MAO, Wellington Aero Club
Aerospatiale Alenia ATR72-212A, ZK-MCP, Mount Cook Airline Ltd

3 comments:

Hindsfeet said...

Dang!! I love the "Diamond"! I've never seen one of those before! Wow! Well diamonds being "a girl's best friend" and all, I'll have to ask Santa for one of those babies for Christmas! ; ) haha, hope the North Pole has proved to be recession-proof!! ; ) Consider this item added to my 'Pipe-dream' list! : )

And just a question, how old is that Nanchang? That's wild looking!

Happy Weekend over there! : )

Rodney said...

Hello Hindsfeet,

The Diamonds are interesting looking aircrft - designed/ built by a manufacturer with a history in glider design/ manufacturer. Not sure that it's my favourite, but then, I haven't flown in one either.

I believe that the Nanchang CJ6 was built in China for the PLAAF in around 1984/ 1985 but was first registered in New Zealand in October 2008. It arrived at Wellington Aero Club in August 2009.

A lot of people comment that it looks like an old plane - it's probably one of [if not actually] the youngest aircraft the Club has in the hanger :-)

Cheers,

Rodney

Hindsfeet said...

in lieu of my own adventures, here's a little fun something for you...a beautiful flight indeed...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubeVUnGQOIk&feature=related

: )