Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Europe Trip #1: Wellington to Heathrow

Well, the big trip has started [actually, it started several days ago, but I have only just come in contact with reliable, accessible, WIFI]. The flight to London Heathrow [ICAO code: EGLL] was on Air NZ via Hongkong International/ Chek Lap Kok [ICAO: VHHH].

Perhaps, surprisingly, the trp from Wellington [NZWN] to Auckland [NZAA], Hongkong [VHHH] and London Heathrow [EGLL] went surprisingly well. The service on Air NZ is superb [even in cattle class], and with the aid of some magic pills, I was extremely tired that evening in England, but had virtually no jet lag the next day! The IFE [In Flight Entertainment] system on the Air NZ Boeing B777 was excellent and managed to keep me more or less entertained for the entire trip, even though I only managed 4 hours sleep in total!!

As the flight from Wellington [and therefore Auckland] was in the dark, I have no photos from them, and I have nothing [well, one,below] from Heathrow yet as I was in a rush to join the immigration queue. I did get some photos during our brief pitstop in Hongkong, as follows:

Apologies for the lack of details for most of these aircraft - I may fill in more in the next few weeks, but at the moment, I am working on a 7-7.5 inch screen. Ouch! :-)

Air France Boeing B777?
Thai Airways Airbus A330
Orient Thai Boeing B747, HS-UTN
Cathay Pacific Boeing B747
Air New Zealand Boeing B777-200ER, ZK-OKB
Orient Thai Boeing B747 [same aircraft as above], HS-UTN
Air Macau Airbus A330??, B-MAB
Hongkong Express B737
Emirates Airbus A380 :-) - OK, I great advertising hoarding!

Enjoy the pictures! More from the trip to come in the next few days!


No comments: