Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Bye bye Qantas. Hello Qantas' little sister

Today was the first day of operation for Jetstar, the LCC [Low Cost Carrier] offshoot of Qantas, operating domestic routes in New Zealand, in place of the Qantas brand. Jetstar are using 177 seat A320's in place of the Qantas B737's.

Today was notable for the delays - up to 2 hours by the end of the day, but we'll see how it goes over the coming months.

No pictures at the stage, and unfortunately, there's unlikely to be any for a while as I won't be able to get the airport this weekend or next... we'll see, maybe someone from WAC will be kind enough to send a good photo along which I could publish :-)

In the meantime, here's a link to a fellow blogger with a bit more detail on the topic... there's bound to be more out there shortly also.

4 comments:

zkarj said...

Ha! I might be able to scoop you for once. I'll just have to brave the rain this weekend.

I did notice the picture behind the newsreader on 3 News tonight showed a Jetstar 787.

Rodney said...

Scoop away my friend! :-)

Jetstar 787??? I didn't see the news report so can't really comment, but 787???

zkarj said...

I should have said, it was an artist's impression. But they're definitely getting them.

Rodney said...

Ahh, ok :-) The news didn't happen to mention that they will be in Australia, not NZ [at least for the time being]? :-)