Monday, January 19, 2009

Wings Over Wairarapa # 6: MXR Technologies MX2

WOW!

If I had to sum up this display, that would be the single word I'd use. WOW!

The display put on by the pilot of the MX2 [ZK-MXT] showed what can be done when you mix a stunning pilot with an equally stunning aircraft. Getting photos was a problem this time, not because of technical difficulty, but because my inability to take my eyes of the action.

I'm no aerobatic guru [or even a novice for that matter!] and most of the manoeuvres just made my head spin. Imagine if you will, a rolling vertical climb followed by rolling while hovering, followed by what seemed to be perfectly executed rolling tailslide, with around 4-5 rotations before the nose came down. Ouch!

Then there was an outside loop. Double ouch!

Needless to say, most images will fail to do any justice to the display, so here's three sample images. I guess you just had to be there. Enjoy!

MXR Technologies MX2, ZK-MXTMXR Technologies MX2, ZK-MXTMXR Technologies MX2, ZK-MXT

1 comment:

Nicks BIGSKY Aviation said...

What a flight he did mind probably took out his frustrations on the MXT over the Spitty thing.