Saturday, December 20, 2008

Wings Over Wairarapa 09

The biennial Wings Over Wairarapa airshow is to be held at Masterton [Hood] Aerodrome on 17 & 18 January 2009 [this happens to be the Wellington Anniversary Day holiday]!

I went to this show last time it was held 2 years ago, and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I'd certainly recommend it this time around!

I've had a look at the website [http://www.wings.org.nz/] and it looks like a very exciting show is planned. In addition to a range of World War One, World War Two and inter-war aircraft, there will be displays by the Royal New Zealand Air Force, and a range of other post-war designs. The website indicates that over 70 aircraft types will be participating in the display over the 2 days!

A highlight this time around is certain to be Doug Brooker's two-seat Spitfire Mk 1X. In fact, the website indicates that there may be a second Spitfire in attendance if the engineers can finish the restoration in time. Wow!!!

Check out the website for more details including entry costs and how to get there.

4 comments:

Chris Nielsen said...

Hey Rodney! I'll be there, come hell or high water (or more precisely, come BFR !! )

Rodney said...

Hi Chris! Sounds good - see you there. Do you have my mobile number [Euan has it if you don't or send me an email]?

Chris Nielsen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris Nielsen said...

I'll be there, but I won't be covered in cameras or looking quite so completely nerdy. No, wait, I will :-)