Monday, December 29, 2008

Piper, Convair and Cessna

I'm having a Christmas/ New Year break at the moment and so I spent most of the day down at the aero club :-). I know, hard to believe...!

I wasn't planning on flying but then found out that I had a small surplus in my flying account; the temptation got the better of me!

I took a Piper Tomahawk PA38-112 up for 30 minutes of circuits. Some people think that Wellington has lots of delays for us lighties, and certainly it pays to avoid the "rush" periods, but that 30 minutes [on the hobbs] included 2 touch and goes, an approach and overshoot and the final landing. I also had a couple of orbits thrown in for separation reasons, so in reality it can be pretty good.

Aircraft spotted today include the following three:

Piper PA28-181 Archer, ZK-FJT, from Canterbury Aero Club
General Dynamics Allison Convair 440/580, ZK-CIB, from Air Chathams
Cessna 525B [aka a CJ3], ZK-TBM, from Pacific Jets

Piper PA28-181, ZK-FJT, Canterbury Aero ClubGeneral Dynamics Allison Convair 440/580, ZK-CIB, Air ChathamsCessna Citation Jet 3, ZK-TBM, Pacific Jets Ltd

No comments: