Saturday, November 29, 2008

Wellington Visitors

It's been another hot day in Wellington, with the temperatures around 25 deg celsius [yes, that is quite warm for Wellington!], clear skies and a gentle breeze. I snapped photos of the following visitors today.

The first is a Cessna F152, ZK-NPI, from New Plymouth Aero Club. I'm not sure how long it is staying, but it's been here at least one night. The second is another new Piper PA28-181 from Canterbury Aero Club. ZK-LJE is one of the new "glass cockpit" PA28's that Canterbury seems to be importing these days. The last is a Massey Aviation PA28-151, ZK-EBH, after a touch and go.

New Plymouth Aero Club, Cessna F152, ZK-NPICanterbury Aero Club, Piper PA28-181, ZK-LJE
Massey Aviation, PA28-151, ZK-EBH

4 comments:

Chris Nielsen said...

People reckon I'm full of it when I say the new Archers have smaller windows than the old ones. The pic you've posted looks to me like the windows are indeed smaller

Rodney said...

Hi Chris,

You are correct when you say that the windows of the new archers are smaller than the original models. In fact, a certain blogger [me...] once commented on this very topic, including a comparative photos:

http://flyinggeek.blogspot.com/2007/09/piper-archer-iii.html

So too all of those who say that Chris is "full of it" when when he says the windows are smaller... he's not! :-)

Chris Nielsen said...

Thanks Rodney!

When anyone accuses me of that I'll direct them here :)

ZK-JPY said...

I wander if the difference is due to the glass cockpit? Perhaps it has meant a slightly 'taller' panel which has meant the windscreen has been shortened...

you can see on that side-on shot of LJE how the bottom corner of the windscreen is flattened...

as opposed to say LMA (Archer II) as you can see here:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6161187

I am guessing that to keep the window line constant, they have shortened the other windows as well...