Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wellington arrivals

Here are a few pictures I snapped at Wellington today. All but the chopper were taken from a hill that I was experimenting with today. Unfortunately the sun wasn't much cop [I should have been there in the morning] and the chopper came in the evening as it was getting dark [I really should get myself a tripod!].

The chopper is a Kawasaki BK117 from Helicopters Otago. I'm not sure of the details, but it ended up on the Westpac Rescue chopper's pad, so I guess it's filling in for a few days [maintenance cover perhaps?].

The Qantas B737 and Mount Cook ATR72 are short final runway 16, and that last one is a seat on the top of the hill [I thought that the gorse bush underneath was doing quite nicely :-)].

Enjoy the pics!

Heli Otago BK117 ZK-HJKQantas / Jetconnect B737-400Mount Cook Airline ATR72Seat and Gorse Bush

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The BK117 ZK-HJK has been covering Garden Cities ZK-HJC which is out for maintenance.
First noted at Garden City Base on 2nd June.

Rodney said...

Thanks Blue Bus.