Thursday, March 20, 2008

Ohakea Open Day # 13: MX-2 display

The MX-2 is a stunning [and not just the paint job!] aerobatic aircraft, owned and flown by Doug Brooker, a well know New Zealand aerobatic pilot.

I'm not sure just how to describe the aerobatic routine. Certainly pictures can not do justice to what was done, even if I had a good enough camera and were skilled enough to get any decent pictures!

I guess this is genuinely one of those things you just have to see. The F-111 you can photograph dumping and burning. The CT4/E you can capture in formation. Likewise for the ex-military aircraft. The C130 and P3K likewise can be photographed doing some impressive manoeuvres, but the MX-2, apart from being small [and so harder to capture detail], just defies me.

I guess that the only thing that I can say is that an extremely capable aircraft piloted by an equally extremely capable pilot is an extremely formidable combination.

MX2 aerobatic aircraft

No comments: