Sunday, January 27, 2008

Cirrus SR22

This Australian registered Cirrus SR22 is currently in Wellington awaiting transfer to the New Zealand register. What I don't have are pictures of the inside, but essentially it's full of screens and switches :-).

The SR22 is a sleek looking, fast moving [around 180 kts cruise], powerful [310 hp], piece of modern machinery and includes a ballistic parachute [aka "chicken lever"!] in case of a big problem. It also feature "single lever" control for throttle and propeller control. I'll try and get some better photos when it's out in the open one day.

Cirrus SR22Cirrus SR22Cirrus SR22Cirrus SR22

5 comments:

Chris Nielsen said...

Look at that.. I don't read your blog for a couple of days and you've stuck about fifty more pictures up!!! Good one !!

I vote that the rego for this aircraft should be.. EEE - that's Echo Echo Echo. That would stuff the controllers up wouldn't it!!!

Rodney said...

ha ha ha...yeah, no mucking around here!

Chris Nielsen said...

Better watch out, you'll wear your memory card out :)

Rodney said...

I have a spare :-) Also spare batteries, lens cleaning fluid and cloth, USB cable and card reader [built into the laptop].

Now all I need is a spare camera!

Chris Nielsen said...

Yeah batteries are a problem with digital. I have a Canon 30D and if I switch the screen off and use it like a film camera I can squeeze about 4000 frames out of one battery, but once she starts flashing the battery warning it's all over Rover! That's why I carry a spare as well..