Saturday, July 21, 2007

More practice

Went up this morning and the weather was fantastic. A slight breeze [5-6 knots], and smooth flying conditions. There was a lot of low cloud around the southern Wairarapa area, but the holes were vastly more than what I needed to do some practice. Another aircraft that was operating 3-4 miles east of me later reported seeing whales in Palliser Bay.

I managed 3 FLWOP exercises, a basic and an advanced stall, many turns [rate 1 through to steep/45 degrees AoB] before heading back to Wellington for a few circuits.

All in all, a fun day in the sky. I'll have to work hard at those turns [steep turns are a bit rusty], but my FLWOP and stalls seem to be OK. Circuits are OK also.

My BFR is scheduled for tomorrow [Sunday] afternoon, but it looks as though the weather is getting worse, so maybe it will have to be in a week or two instead.

No comments: