Saturday, June 09, 2007

More types at Wellington

I went out to the Aero Club today, not expecting to be doing much. I ended up popping of to Kaikoura with Nirav [more on this in my next post], but I also found these less common types sitting on the apron.

Top to bottom they are:

Cessna C185 [visiting from Whitianga - a fantastic place to visit: Whitanga Aero Club]
Cessna C177 [visiting from Ardmore - a fantastic place to learn to fly: Auckland Aero Club]
Maule M6

I've never seen a Maule before, and this one looks really nice. It has big fat tires, so is obviously used in rough/semi prepared strips. Awesome!

Cessna C185Cessna C177 CardinalMaule M6

2 comments:

Chris Nielsen said...

I'm a bit behind reading your posts - just wanted to mention that the guy from Whitianga used to visit Hamilton every weekend without fail, and the sound of that prop on takeoff just about rips your head off! It's fantastic!!!

Rodney said...

Chris,

The owner of that aircraft is a nice chap. I don't know if you've been in to Whitianga much. Having been there a few times, both by myself and on club trips, I can recommend it. If you're planning a club trip up that way, get hold of the aero club [Mercury Bay] - with a little notice they have been known to put on a fantastic BBQ lunch at reasonable cost.

Rodney