Thursday, May 03, 2007

The Cessna and the Duchess

Here are two photos. The first is of a Sounds Air Cessna U206G. Nothing particularly unusual in that except note the handle and step, presumably for skydiving operations.

The second is of a BE76 Duchess visiting from Ardmore Flying School in Auckland. The Duchess is good as a twin engine and IFR trainer, but not particularly fast or with great load carrying capabilities [not that I'm rated on it or anything].

Both of these photos were taken at Wellington Airport.

Sounds Air Cessna U206G
BE76 Duchess

3 comments:

Chris Nielsen said...

I had a look at that 206 when I was in Blenheim a couple of weeks ago. They've replaced the wheel on at least one side to a different size, but not changed the brakes, so the brake caliper is actually touching the tyre!!!

Rodney said...

I'm going to make the assumption that that is no longer the case... :-(

Chris Nielsen said...

Negative!! At least as far as I know