Friday, October 20, 2006

Post # 100! All the way from Christchurch

Yes, this is post #100... OK, I'm over it!

I flew to Christchurch this afternoon for a quick visit [I was rushed for time, so only spent about 45 minutes there - all at the Canterbury Aero Club]. The flight itself was a load of fun [2.1 hours each way], although I was by myself so no pictures from the flight itself. That's a real shame, because the scenary is AMAZING!!

I managed to get to Christchurch Airport and land without too many issues. After a quick look around, a refuel [guess who left his fuel card behind in Wellington!] and a few photos I came home.

Flight back was uneventful, just some moderate turbulance coming back into Wellington, and a mad rush to get in before the B737 a few seconds after me... Anyway, here are some photos from Christchurch Airport. I'll have to go for a few days next time...

Top to bottom are:

A small number of the Canterbury Aero Club fleet looking towards the main terminals
A Jetstar A320 [Qantas budget airline offshoot] taxying for takeoff
Two C130's from the US Antarctic Programme

Canterbury Aero Club and main terminalJetstar A320US Antarctic Programme C130's

No comments: