Monday, June 05, 2006

Now with VIDEO!

I came across a Blogspot Blog yesterday, and it had video on it. A bit of poking around and I worked out how to do it for myself. I'm using my Olympus Digital Camera, so it's VERY basic quality.

My first video [below] is pretty basic. Just a Dash-8 landing at Wellington Airport. Unfortunately, the wind was blowing hard [hard to believe for Wellington!!! ha ha ha] and I had no tripod, so it's pretty shaky. We'll see how they improve in the next few weeks.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Rodney said...

Yes it is :-) It's the usual place a take photos from when aircraft are using rwy 16.

You'll have to come down some time and I'll show you around!

Now all I need is a decent digital video camera... Actually, the original movie looked much less pixelated than what is on the site. I think it gets converted to the flash animation or something.

Also, the original was around 20Mb [took ages to upload on Telecom's crappy "broadband"]. What comes down is much smaller.

Rodney said...

The vantage point is elevated [approx 50-100 feet] and abeam the threshold for runway 16. In other words, PERFECT :-)

Rodney said...

Yep - I've got 4 really good photo spots around the field and 1 or 2 other reasonable areas :-) Spoilt for choice [quite unlike Auckland]!